Saturday, April 27, 2013

The News- blog from 04/27/13 based on 03/22/13

After much time and waiting, I wake up super early on a Friday for work and received the best gift I could ever get besides my husband. We received a positive on our pregnancy test. Chris was not awake yet, in which I left for work with this huge news on my shoulders. I went to target on my lunch break and took another test just to make sure- sure enough it was positive! I text Chris at work to tell him I had a present for him (which we sometimes do for each others so this was not out of the ordinary). What I had for Chris was a bag of items I've had for a while for this special time. I got a deck of cards and wrote a reason on each of why I love him on there, with the last card revealing our baby. All of the cards were clamped by O rings. I also included a soccer painted piggy bank, hence Chris is a soccer player and a financial advisor. There was also a yellow rubber ducky in his bag. When Chris started going through his cards, he started crying, but he had not made it yet to the final card. In fact he put it down because he was so enthralled by all the little notes. I then asked if he read 'all' the cards, and he gave me a 'huh' look and scrambled for the deck of cards to read the last card again. He was totally thrown off, shocked, and so happy!
We have been blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment