Friday, March 23, 2012

Cake Time!!

As a special treat for my Team at work, I decided to make a homemade Birthday Cake. My Co-worker requested either a Pumpkin Spice Cake, or a Sock-it-to-me Cake. I told him, 'put your hands together'!



So I went out and bought all ingredients needed for both Cakes. One issue is, we only have 12 people in our group, so I dont want to make '2' cakes....so here is my little experiment.


















First I made one cake flavor (pumpkin spice) in a 10'' pan and another cake flaover in another 10" pan (the sock-it-to-me). Then I made another 10" cake pan with the pumpkin spice recipe. When these two pans came out of the oven and cooled, I cut each flavor, after it had been inverted from the pan, straight down the middle. Then I took each 'moon', iced the top, and then added the same flavered 'moon' on top. I then did the same exact thing to the second flavor.
















The next step, I iced the center wall and put both flavored 'moons' together.

















Here you have it! The left side is Pumpkin Spice and the right side is Sock-it-to-me.








Now with the final touches - the frosting!!!!



















*Both these cake recipes came from www.duncanhines.com

No comments:

Post a Comment