Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Angel Eggs








At every family event on my Husbands side, we have a very large lunch completely homemade by my mother-in-law. Our menu usually consists of: Grilled Chicken, Hamburgers, Roast Beef, Carrots, Green Beans, Macaroni & Cheese, Corn, Mashed Potatoes & Gravy, Rolls, and Angel Eggs.
The most recent gathering was for Chris' (my Husband) brother's Birthday - I offered to bring the Angel Eggs. I decided to make pretty Eggs for the big blast of Spring Weather we've had recently:


















All I did was boil the eggs like normal, then take the yoke out, (like the upper right corner egg).


*And yes, I used healthy 'Smart Balance' mayo for these - and the Fam never knew.


Then allow the Whites to soak in a cup of water, food coloring, and a touch of apple cider vinegar, like so:



Take the eggs out after at least five minutes, then allow to sit on a paper towel to lit the excess water fall off.
Here are some pic's of the family enjoy their time together:













The oldest brother turned 30 last week -




The three brothers and mom playing wiffel ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment