Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ten of My Guilty Pleasures



Sometimes life gets really crazy, that you hardely have time to enjoy things, even the little things. However, I sometimes get to the point, where I just want to veg out on my guilty pleasures that help bring me back to reality, or life as we know it.


So, I sat down to write a list of things that really help get me through the day.




1) My diet coke - when Im at work and get caught up in all my surroundings, taking a sip of Diet Coke thats cold and just burns as it goes down, is just insanely good! (I know - its lame, but its on my list!).


2) Dark chocolate - or anything thats baked and chocolate. When its been one of those days and I just NEED something awesome, GIVE ME CHOCOLATE!!!!


3) A good book - this is anything. Right now im in 'Life Without Limits', but anything Christian/Uplifting/Romance will get me back down to sane thoughts about my environment.


4) Seinfeld (its a bit of a joke, that when Chris comes home, I like to be cooking with Seinfeld on). Being around something that makes you laugh can really boost your morale - and Seinfeld is one of my top shows. (I can also go for some reality shows as well).


5) Driving fast - yes, I know this is against the law to some point; however, when I've been sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic for about 45 minutes coming home from work....maybe driving 5 miles per hour, when I finally hit a hole in the traffic and can get loose, I'll go really fast.....and it feels so good to pass everyone else. I also tend to think it would be quite sad for my car (whom I call Ebony) to not go fast - she's a sporty car and needs it!


6) Shopping; but then again, I am a girl, what girl does not love this. 'Retail Therapy'.


7) Foot massages. The kinddness of my husband at the end of most nights after a long day in high heels and panty hose....he will kindly grab my feet and rub! So awesome.


8) A nice glass of red wine (or some kind of cocktail), really takes the edge off and can be A-MAZING!


9) Exercising - I like to be outside (or gym) and let my body live! No one feels more a live when their pushing the limits on their body and their heart it pounding! Aggghhh, invigorating!


10) Being there for others. Yes, this is a guilty pleasure that I've realized, I have to do - for myself...It really makes me feel good, rather than wasting my saturday at home on the couch, but to spend time/help others, which gets more use/benefit out of my day.




So think about it,


What are your guilty pleasures??


And mine are lame, I'll admit that - but Im accepting them now, rather than later.....




No comments:

Post a Comment